Over the recent years, so many photographers have come into the limelight. We have the likes of Kelechi Amadi Obi, Ty Bello, Lakin Ogunbanwo, Aisha Augie-kuta; just to mention a few.
And with photography being a necessity in almost every occassion and event these days, more photographers have joined the circle. A few have very impressive works, but one whose work has a magical effect attached to it, whose work speaks the volume of passion he puts into it, one who is rising fast in the photography world, he is known as Lucas Ugo. Born in Enugu state, Nigeria.
Lucas has welcomed us into his world of photography and I hope you enjoy every bit of it as I did.
* Hi dear, can you please tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Ugonna Chidera Ugwuoti, born in May 15th 1994. I’m from Ogbozalla Opi Nsukka LGA Enugu.
* What or who got you started in photography?
I got into photography professionally when I couldn’t even pay 20Naira transport fare to go out, I was broke to the bone….. I realized I have always had the passion for photography, so I had to pick the hustle immediately.
* What were the difficulties you encountered first starting photography?The difficulties I had when I was starting was that I had no money to get equipments. But with time, my dad started believing in the hustle and he supported me all the way, without him I won’t be where I am today….
* What does photography mean to you?
photography to me means ART.
* What is the first thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?
I wish I knew everything about photography.
* Whose work has influenced you and why?
We have so many badass photographers all over Nigeria. I look up to the ones below me, I look up to the ones above me as well. But Kelechi Amadi Obi’s photography is a YES for me because the pictures come out real the way it is in real life.
* How long have you been a photographer?
I have been into photography for 2 years now.
* How would you describe your style?
I don’t think I have a style of photography, all style na style 😀
Let us look at some of Lucas Ugo’s photography….
Hope you lovelies had fun sharing Lucas Ugo’s photography moment? Lemme know your thoughts in the comment section..